Black diamond Evac 9 Shovel
6 in stock
A multi-function tool for comprehensive backcountry use, the Evac is our top-of-the-line shovel and features two configurations: standard shovel and hoe mode. The ultra-durable construction and super compact design are ideal for both daily snow study and fast avalanche response.
Our top-of-the-line shovel for professional use, the Black Diamond Evac features a unique handle that can be set up in two configurations for digging test pits or rapid snow removal. The large blade moves lots of snow quickly, and a flat-bottom profile helps you get a good clean face on your pit wall. An extendable shaft and large D handle increase comfort for long days in the field involving multiple pits and speeds up digging time during an emergency.
– Compact telescoping shaft and durable anodized blade
– Shovel converts easily into hoe mode from the same attachment point for snow removal and excavation
– Compact D-handle with comfortable dual-density grip
– Evac 9 has larger blade volume and longer handle for professional use
– Weight :  902 g (2 lb)
– Blade Volume :  3.5 L (0.9 gal)